Archive for May, 2009
You know how you meet people and you just like them right away? That is how feel about Miss R and her parents, A and J. Miss R came into the studio a few weeks ago and then returned over the holiday weekend for a family session. I really enjoyed spending time with them and I think she is the smiliest baby around. The only complaint I have about the three of them is that they don’t live in Michigan. Hopefully we will stay in touch and I can get them to come in whenever they are in town!
So R, A, and J-enjoy your sneak peek!
Miss H is 6 months! She came in for a session for her big milestone and I LOVED her clothes. Good job, Mom! She is so stinkin’ cute there really is not much else to say…so on to the preview!
I had the pleasure of taking a walk with the C family Saturday morning. I got to learn a lot about their two wonderful kids, future plans, and Mrs. C’s own love of photography. Oh yeah, I also photographed them.
Enjoy your sneak peek!
Mother’s Day always gets me thinking about why I love being a mom…so I thought I would share my top 10 reasons;
1. The birth…the blood, the guts, the suffering…every time my daughter or son is complaining…I pull out the birth stories to trump whatever issues they are having. You have a lot of homework? Well, my bladder has not been the same since you sat on it for 9 months.
2. The perks…family parking at Ikea, free McDonald’s cookies (my kids hate them) and the halloween candy.
3. The pj pants we can now wear out in public, pull your hair in a ponytail, throw on some converse and act like you were just out powerwalking before you hit Target….we all do it. If your pj pants are seasonal worn in the wrong season-you may be going too far.
4. The survival skills. If I sense danger around my children I turn into a combination of Chuck Norris and Zsa Zsa Gabor-a butt kicking, face slapping chunky ninja.
5. The snuggling. I am a sucker for a good snuggle in my bed with both kids. As long as they are showered. There is nothing worse than stinky feet on a 6 year old in socks worn for a week.
6. The cards. My son makes me greeting cards all the time. For sheer manufacturing ability he rivals Hallmark. Sometimes they feature bloodied surfers eaten by sharks, or the Terminator destroying people but they always have a heart on them for me.
7. The singing in the car as I shuttle them from activity to activity. There is nothing better than listening to my kids sing Top 40 music very loudly and off key, if my butt accidentally dials out so others can hear it as well…even better.
8. The superpower; invisibility. When a gaggle of tweens are together it is like you no longer exist and they will say so much in front of you and spill all the gossip you otherwise would never get.
9. The kids movies. Please. Don’t act like you don’t them. I heart Madagascar 2, cried at Bridge to Terabithia and am counting down to Night at the Museum 2. The Grinch is frequently watched and quoted at my house.
10. The love. I always know that there are two people in the world who adore me and think I am amazing and beautiful and awesome. At least one day a year.